Clogged drains are a nuisance and the thing is no one thinks about it, unless and until they come face-to-face with such an issue. Ideally, you should get professional drain cleaning servicesonce every year for easy maintenance. Hair, grease, food waste, coffee grounds, etc., build up the clogs and over time they get bigger making waste movement in the drain slow. In extreme cases, there can be sewage backups. The bigger the issue, the more disruption it can cause, and the more expensive it can be to get it sorted.
When drain cleaning is done by professionals from a drain cleaning company on an annual basis, you can avoid a lot of hassle and expensive emergency repairs. Here are 5 reasons why you should get your drains cleaned by professionals at regular intervals.
- A clogged drain can cause seepage issues in the house’s foundation. Stagnant dirty water in clogged pipes can cause damage to your house and its foundation. When not addressed in time, it can damage the walls, floors, and more. A clean drain ensures that the waste movement is smooth, and there are fewer chances of cracks in the plumbing system that leads to seepage.
- Flood is common in drains that are clogged. Wastewater goes back up through the pipe instead of moving forward. Clogged drain floods become more noticeable in the case of storms when the sewer lines get overwhelmed with stormwater. Clean drains can handle it better.
- If you have a clogged drain, the wastewater will move slowly or gets stagnant in the pipes and can give out a foul odor. Such water is also a breeding ground for germs. If you notice a foul smell coming from the drains, perhaps it is time to get a professional drain cleaning service done.
- Clogged drains suffer from corrosion faster. If you use store-bought cleaning powder to get rid of clogged drains, you will not accelerate the process of corrosion and cause irreparable damage to your pipes over time. It is best to get professional help here.
- Clogged drains put the resident of the house at risk of germs and bugs which can cause skin infections, allergic reactions, and asthma attacks. Clean drains do not harbor such risks.
When faced with clogged drains, you can try certain safe DIY hacks to clear the clogs, but if the clogs are persistent or recurring, then you must seek a professional cleaning service. Instead of spending time searching for plumbing services near me call the experts at Werrlein Services. We have professional plumbers who can do all plumbing-related work – be it drain cleaning service, removing clogs, drain maintenance, they can handle everything. A clogged drain is a red flag that indicates the need for drain cleaning, make sure you do not wait for it to become worse. Call for professional plumbing services today!